Have a vehicle build or question, post here!
By BrangerII
^ that. Also the abundance of time. I am lucky to have an hour a day.

You must have the most super coolest wife ever. Never, ever, ever piss her off if she lets you play in the shop this much. By the way, does she happen to have a sister, who is single? [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
By allgonoshow
^ that.  Also the abundance of time.  I am lucky to have an hour a day.

You must have the most super coolest wife ever.  Never, ever, ever piss her off if she lets you play in the shop this much.  By the way, does she happen to have a sister, who is single?  [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

A twin sister in fact, but no on the single part ;). My wife is awesome and very understanding :). I have the luxury of having my shop within a stones throw of my house, and my daily commute is walking out my front door, my boys get to come to work with me everyday. I push hard to get all of my work done early, then play in the shop at night. Trust me, my wife gets her time too [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif].
By allgonoshow
Your abundance of cool old stuff, and massive work spaces makes me jealous. 

Keep up the pics and the cool projects man.

Thanks :). I love this new shop. I know what it is like to work in small shops, with poor lighting, and not having the right tools for the job.
By allgonoshow
I was talking to my wife this morning and telling her which cab I would be using for the project. Her response was "Where are the babies and I going to fit in that thing?" With the little girl due in April, that means five total. Taking two rigs to go wheeling is a pain, so this is the new candidate for project old school family wagon. I don't even know what the hell it is, or what year. I do know it is a Ford though from the tag on the firewall. It is in really good shape and even has almost all of the glass! We are going to look like the flippin adams family in this ;D.What do you guys think?

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Edit: It looks like it is a 1940 4 door sedan. It is almost in too good of shape to use as a wheeler though, and slightly over the top :D.
By allgonoshow
I need some input guys. Will the sedan body look really dumb? Or really cool? What do you guys think?
By twfuller
I think it has potential. It will be one of a kind for sure. Make sure you think through the safety aspects like roll over protection and a good way to strap the kiddos in. That body should fit on one of your truck frames OK. The problem will be getting the center of gravity low enough.

I am sure some of the old pros will have some thoughts. Axle, Tater where you!!
By allgonoshow
Oh I definitely plan on full cage, seats and harnesses no matter what I build. [smiley=beer.gif] It will sit nice and low too. This body is 20'' more narrow than my Ford!
By Ryan283
I need some input guys. Will the sedan body look really dumb? Or really cool? What do you guys think?

I think it'd look cool, for about a week.
Remember the trail we ran a few weeks ago?
How well do you think that car will handle the skinny trails up here?

Meh,,,I say build it. Why not. Lots of armor and unbreakable one-ton parts make anything cool.
By allgonoshow
[quote]I need some input guys. Will the sedan body look really dumb? Or really cool? What do you guys think?

I think it'd look cool, for about a week.
Remember the trail we ran a few weeks ago?
How well do you think that car will handle the skinny trails up here?

Meh,,,I say build it.  Why not.  Lots of armor and unbreakable one-ton parts make anything cool.

Yes I do remember the trails that I ran a few weeks ago, that is why I am using narrow old iron [smiley=beer.gif]. The sedan body is only 53 inches wide, my Ford body is 74 inches wide :o. The axles that I am using will put my tire to tire width at around 83" wide. So the entire tire will be sticking outside the body of the sedan. The sedan will be at about a 110" wheelbase, so about 2 feet shorter than my Ford. It will sit as low as I can possibly make it. I think it might look kind of goofy on a truck frame with 4x4 though. I might end up just using the old pickup cab. I am building this truck to do the hard trails, yet the wife does not like the idea of taking the kids on the hard stuff. So I kind of got the go ahead to use the pickup cab. I can't decide which to use though :-/. I could build the sedan for the hard stuff for myself, but still do the easy stuff with the kids in tow. Any and all input is greatly appreciated [smiley=beer.gif].
Dana 60 locker

Looking for a selectable locker for a Dana 60 if a[…]

Looking for a full float dana 60 rear in the 65&qu[…]

Race tires

Looking for some 265 -295 ish tires for 16" […]

Seats

Looking at seats for the race scout. Leaning towar[…]