Have a vehicle build or question, post here!
By missouriman
I think the old car body could be very cool if done right.
I agree that it might not be the 5 plus buddy trail type rig.

but for a four plus rig it could be done up nice. I can not find the picture of the, I think russian or german suv that looks like that. I watch a youtube movie of the suv that I am thinking about with a high power motor ect.... it looked awsome.

I don't really think that you want to take the whole family on / in anything where there is a high danger of rolling over.

If I come across the photo that I am thinking about I will post it up here.

this is close but not the one that I am thinking of...

By allgonoshow
I think the old car body could be very cool if done right.
I agree that it might not be the 5 plus buddy trail type rig.

but for a four plus rig it could be done up nice.  I can not find the picture of the, I think russian or german suv that looks like that.   I watch a youtube movie of the suv that I am thinking about with a high power motor ect.... it looked awsome.

I don't really think that you want to take the whole family on / in anything where there is a high danger of rolling over.   

If I come across the photo that I am thinking about I will post it up here.

this is close but not the one that I am thinking of...

I decided to use the old international cab and truggy it out. It will be a 5 plus rig.

On another note, Beau and I got my Great Grandfathers 66' c-10 out of the trees and back home. The engine is not stuck, engine oil actually looks new. I really think that if I give it some new plugs, wires, dist cap, new points, a carb cleaning, and fresh gas, the truck will run. My dad said that the waterpump went out of it, he bought a new pump to put on it, then let it sit for 20 years :-?.

We also got a late 40's to early 50's Dodge two door coupe out of the weeds and into my "storage yard" (I don't like the term junk ;D). We brought home a early to mid 1900's international tractor. I'll try to get some pics later.
By allgonoshow
I have been pretty busy lately. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the cab dug out.
By allgonoshow
I found a little break of looking at calving heifers and cows to do a little digging. The Boys and Little Mama came with me to dig out the 47 INT. We had alot of fun.

[/img]

[/img]

WEEEEEEE!!!!!

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[img][/img]

[/img]
By allgonoshow
Cool pics man. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks! Here a couple more.

[/img]

[/img]
By allgonoshow
I got the front D60 pulled from the parts pickup yesterday. I am going to try to have the front end tacked together and sittin on its own weight tonight.
By adamK1500
that thing is very cool, cant wait to see how it sits! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
By allgonoshow
that thing is very cool, cant wait to see how it sits!  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Thanks! Shouldn't be too long.

I got the front D60 out of the parts truck. I need to cut off some brackets and get it ready for the other springs.

[/img]

I also got a few of the front hanger pieces tacked in. I got the other pieces cut out tonight, hopefully I can get the holes drilled and have them tacked in tomorrow night.

[/img]
By axleater
try to think slippy slidy over rocks when you are making your frt brackets. imagine pulling up to a 4 foot boulder and really wanting to get your frt tires on it. with a custom 4 link it's easy, the tires are the first thing to hit.

with leaf springs or even most things with a steering box you will have other "stuff" that will be meeting that rock before your tires will.

you want to make sure the things that are meeting that rock before your tires will want to easily slide up that rock until your tire has the opportunity to get some traction on it and start climbing.

every little bit helps. you can't believe how many tourists i've seen show up with this super awesome crazy travel 4 link coil over suspended and rediculously expensive custom made machine that has 4 link bracket crap dragging on the ground all over the place and gets hooked on a rock every 10 feet.

make everything as smooth and slippery as possible [smiley=beer.gif]
Dana 60 locker

Looking for a selectable locker for a Dana 60 if a[…]

Looking for a full float dana 60 rear in the 65&qu[…]

Race tires

Looking for some 265 -295 ish tires for 16" […]

Seats

Looking at seats for the race scout. Leaning towar[…]