talk about general wheeling tech(i.e wheels, axles,tires also for tech articals )
By Weasel
Actually looks like the D44 JK ring gear is bigger then the D50 as well, thinner but bigger diameter.
By Rick
May try the JK ring and pinion swap. I was told by Jantz that using his setup along with good Ujoints and comp cut axle shafts the D44 will take being locked with 37s-40s with a V8. If its true or not I cant say. Still loads cheaper than a D60. Well almost. I would like to run ARBs.
By axleater
You should look at ryan stulc's tj.
By axleater
Negative. It must be seen in it's natural habitat to be appreciated.
By Rick
I am planning on being in SD next month but wont have time to be on the west side of the state. I think I have seen it on a few youtube vids.
By axleater
white, beat silly, goes anywhere and likes it.
By Weasel
I'd take the Jantz stuff with a couple grains of salt. I think the JK gears are fine but don't buy to much into it. Like the comp cut axles, it's not really a thing. I'd axles turned they way they were supposed to be. I've had/made axles like that since 2001. Brad has done similar stuff with gear further back then that.

It's a improvement but does it have to be done? Hard to tell. Better then a D60? Sorta and not really.

Stulc has D44 with Chromoly shafts from Branik I think and run 37 stickies with water. They have held up amazingly well really but they are getting stressed now and it's time for a D60.

For 35's I don't think I'd mess with the bigger gears, get some decent shafts, save the money towards something else.
By axleater
ditto. neat thing to do, but money is better spent on other things.
Dana 60 locker

Looking for a selectable locker for a Dana 60 if a[…]

Looking for a full float dana 60 rear in the 65&qu[…]

Race tires

Looking for some 265 -295 ish tires for 16" […]

Seats

Looking at seats for the race scout. Leaning towar[…]